There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Where's all the buses? More Downtown San Jose


I couldn't believe this city had a Greyhound Bus terminal, I thought they went out with the bus boycotts in the 60's.


Having found it though there seems to be a lack of a certain something. What could it be? Oh yes, buses!


What a shame. Imagine it in it's prime, full of buses going to San Francisco and Monetary and other exciting places. I can't imagine it'll be around much longer. For now it's a little anachronism buried in the heart of downtown San Jose.



There are still plenty of planes though. San Jose airport is pretty central so they have to come in quite low over downtown. These kind of images always remind me of 911, the planes so near the buildings. That footage of the planes near the towers before they hit was repeated so often. Shame how an innocent image can get so associated with tragedy.


This tower sounds great. This text was taken from one of the many "History Walk" signs around downtown San Jose. I wonder if I can find a picture of this, I wish it was still there.

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.