There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Fillmore


I was at the Fillmore in San Francisco for the very first time today. The first time I in was in 'Frisco, back in 2003, I was impressed enough to see the sign for Fillmore Street! I was walking (yes walking) at the time from Market to Haight Ashbury - eh?

Being such a student of 60's music, I always wanted to go to the Fillmore. I was not let down - it has atmosphere by the bucketload. There are loads of pictures of the bands from the '60's that played there. I didn't have enough time to look, but I hope there is one of Syd Barrett, even though I think he was at the height of his breakdown when he was there. They even still have a "greeter" on the door who says "welcome to the Fillmore" to everyone who arrives. According to Wikipedia this is a Fillmore tradition.

Sadly though I screwed up my transport and timing. When the announcer said that the Yard Dogs would be on at 10.45 I knew I was screwed - having got to the Filmore by car (to Daly City BART), then MUNI from Montgomery BART. Most things I've seen in the city have finished pretty early, the Fillmore is the exception. The Yard Dogs did have a phenomenal support act, I must check out what they were called. Real buresque dancing, great cabaret style music too. I catured some of it by video and audio on my new phone, I haven't worked out how to do audio on it's own yet.



'Frisco is so photogenic, that I can't stop taking pictures of it. The was taken when I was waiting for the 38 MUNI bus, to go up to Geary. This is the MUNI stop at Market and Montgomery, looking towards the Business District.

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.