There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Real Ramona


Having spent most of the morning thinking about The Throwing Muses it was spooky to then go put for lunch in Palo Alto and find myself parking in the underground parking lot between Ramona and Bryant.


Of course, the last real Throwing Muses album, with Tanya, was 1991's "Real Ramona". As I remember, it was one of the last albums I bought on original vinyl.



It was not an unqualified success, but I just love Tanya's "Not Too Soon", also known as "the Frankenstein Song"by the band, as it changed so much over the years.


We also met some really nice doggies today. Don't think they are in the "Doghouse"!


They had lovely soft fur. I'm not a huge dog fan, some of them are a pain in the arse. But these dogs just melt my heart.


The bubble machine was very funny too - very Haight Ashbury!

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.