There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Saturday, May 5, 2007

From St Stephens Green to St Stephens Green


At the beginning of Once, Glen Hansard's character is busking at the top of Grafton Street in Dublin, just at the gates of St Stephen's Green. So, it is strangely appropriate, that I had a beer in the St. Stephen's Green in Mountain View tonight.


And here is the beer. I must stop doing that, taking pictures of beers, this is just silly! The St Stephen's Green in Mountain View, is the bar I was talking about in my second ever blog post, the one on St. Patrick's Day. But tonight, instead of playing IRA songs, they were playing Duran Duran, only a mild improvement in my opinion. Duran Duran are the archetypal pub band got lucky (or was that the Stranglers?). It's soo annoying that all this crap that I hated 25 years ago is now nostalgia, so we have to listen to it all again. There can be very few bands who sold more records, with so little talent. "Your telephone is ringing as you're dancing in the rain....". Indeed!


The St Stephen's Green is on Castro Street in Mountain View. I like Castro Street, it is essentially downtown Mountain View. Downtown Mountain View is a lot nicer than Downtown San Jose, it is much more compact.






I got the train to Mountain View tonight.

Just like last year, and the year before, there are some lovely blossoms falling off the trees, at our apartment complex.



Had a curry in the Monsoon in Mountain View, it was deserted, which is a shame, it is a nice place.


The Monsoon, with no one there!

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.