There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

South Bay Veggies in San Mateo



I didn't get too much time to spend at the zoo though, as a friend was hosting a lunch for the South Bay Veggies. This was up in San Mateo and was pretty easy to get to from the zoo.

Despite never having enjoyed the term "veggie", I've been one since March 1986, when I discovered what cheap sausages were made out of and how many cute girls were vegetarian.

This was a really nice day and I met some interesting new people.



We also had a good old wander round San Mateo and I found this huge store called Draegers, with a large UK foodstuffs area, much better that Safeway. They had brown sause, Safeway has not had that for months.



Also some rather nice chocs, I didn't buy any. San Jose is pretty big and spread out, so it's nice to be able to visit a downtown where you can easily walk everywhere.

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.