There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Seven Random Facts

My sister (magnusmog.blogspot.com) has asked me to do seven random facts about me. I'm not sure what the rules are, but I'll give it a go.

1. When I was at primary school, I went through a period of believing I was an alien from another planet. Some people may still believe that.

2. Twenty years ago today I met my favourite ex-girlfriend in the above Kirkcaldy pub.

3. My favourite lyric is from Pink Floyd's "Piper at the Gates of Dawn". "Mathilda Mother" - "For all the time spent in that room, the dolls house darkness, old perfume". I think Syd Barrett must have been visited by the god of songwriters when he wrote that. Its such a good lyric that I could sleep with that under my pillow for the rest of my life. I remember putting Syd Barrett's first solo record on at a party in 1984, I was convinced it would change everyone's life. But they just wanted U2 on instead - the '80's eh?

4. My favourite food is pizza, my favourite drink is Stella.

5. Throughout my life my heroes have been, in rough chronological order: My Gran, Doctor Who, Avon from Blake's Seven, John Lennon, Syd Barrett, Harold Wilson, Neil Kinnock and Billy Bragg.

6. I'm fascinated by words and song lyrics. If I ever have children, I'll tell them that being good with words is a huge asset. I have often persuaded people at work to do something or other and then thought, "I'm not that convinced of that myself, how did I persuade them? I was talking crap."

7. I love valves. I think they are a thing of beauty. But I do reluctantly accept that if my iMac had to use valves, it would be the size of my whole apartment. At least.

8. I'm naturally contrarian and always breaking rules, so I've done 8 facts now and I don't know the requisite number of other people with blogs to tag, so I can't do that.

I think my sister's facts are better than mine - whatever happened to sibling rivalry?

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.