There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Me and the Elephant, we still remember you


We finally got round to going to San Francisco Zoo on our day off on Memorial Day on Monday. I took a load of pictures which I have just uploaded to Flickr. I'm really blown away by Flickr, it is so easy to use. Really good user interface design, like really good anything, looks deceptively simple - but it's not. I took loads of pictures at the zoo, some came out pretty good. I love having the 10 megapixel camera as you can take a pic of an animal that is really rather far away, then crop and enlarge the image and you still have a decent picture. I added a link to my flickr pages to my links section in this blog.

I tried to get some video of giraffe's peeing. That's all the giraffes seemed to do when we were looking at them. Its amazing how much water comes out of a giraffe, it has such a long way to travel too.


I really liked the little train at the zoo, but then I always do!


This squirrel was very funny. It kept hopping up on the little train's engine as we were waiting for it to leave. I was worried it was going to get run over, but it must be used to dicing with death on the little train.

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.