There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Stability at Menlo Park and the oldest snowball in the Bay Area

My Persian friend, who often persuades me to do things that I never would have thought of doing, persuaded me to try the Stability Ball exercise class at the Sun Menlo Park Campus yesterday. This was after doing yoga at the Sun Santa Clara campus earlier that day too. That's a lot of exercise in one day. Having been to the gym again today as well, I feel a bit virtuous today. The "Stability Ball" name is a bit of a misnomer I think, as I fell off it and hurt myself. It didn't seem very stable to me.


I can't spell it, but I learned yesterday that the yoga pose which is called "cow pose" in english, is called "moocasana" in Sanskrit. That feels appropriate.


This is an aerial photo of the Sun Menlo Park Campus where, despite hardly ever being able to get hold of an office, I am spending half my life at the moment. Today it was 0700 am to 0630 pm. I managed to borrow our Senior VP's office today, he has a great view.


You can see these salt flats from his office. I think they look like snow, but this is unlikely in Northern California. A colleague at work told me his neighbour has, what she claims to be, the last snowball in the Bay Area. Seemingly, in a year like 1974, it snowed here and, thinking ahead, she put a snowball in her deep freeze. Local TV stations feature this 30 year old captured snowball every so often - imagine that.

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.