There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Sitting in the Living Room of the Patient Mind


This is a photo of my living room - I think it looks pretty cool here. I was pretty much a clutter fiend when I lived in Scotland, but moving countries forced me into finally getting rid of most of my junk and I arrived in the USA with, quite literally, only one bag.

So I'm still enjoying the spacious feel of the apartment - it was ridiculous when I first got it really, I had no furniture and it was even more spacious looking! I also cleaned it today - hateful task, but it looks good when you finish.

I've spent too much time here in the past 2 weeks, but I'm proud of myself that my website is mostly done. I must get out more now.

I got my first reply from all the mails I sent about my new website (www.kirkcaldybands.com), my mate in Sydney Australia liked it, but thinks I should spend more time on my new music than "these old ghosts". He is probably right, the past is not what it used to be. Looking at the pic of my living room, I'm concious of the musical equipment sitting there - bought with my tax refund this time last year, thanks IRS and H&R Block!

So I should get back to the music making, but it's quite diffficult to self motivate. I must try harder, I have a new idea about a song called "death of a dream" that could be about the fall of the Callaghan government in 1979 - which I think marked the death of what Roger Waters called the Post War dream, or it could be about me falling out of love, or it could be about both, or maybe neither.

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.

Blog Archive