There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Back to USA


Headed back to the USA yesterday, so I spent most of the day today struggling with an e-mail backlog and jet lag, not a nice combination. Virgin didn't sell out the flight I got, so I had a spare seat next to me, which was great, as I was able to spread myself out a bit. I didn't feel quite as wrecked as usual yesterday, maybe as a result of the additional room.

I got through a lot of videos on my iBook and video iPod on the flight. The standout was the first episode of the new series of Life on Mars, that great new cop show from the UK. I was stopped at customs in 'Frisco, the first time that has happened. I ended up chatting with the customs lady about the series, as she took an interest in the DVD's when she saw them.

I really enjoyed the break. Van DerGraaf Generator were great and I really enjoyed re-discovering what a great place to be London is. I may move there one day - nice to have the flexibility of realising that the Bay Area is not the only show in town. After I get over the jet lag, I'm sure I'll feel refreshed. It was nice to have some room to think, I've had to work so hard recently, that I think that required "psychological space" has been missing from my life this year so far.

I'm determined now also to take various people's advice and start making my own music again. It's hard work doing it on your own if you have a limited musical ability and no one to encourage you, but I've been told often enough to believe it now, that the small amount of material I did on my own before was good enough for me to keep going. So I'm looking forward to starting that again at the weekend, when hopefully the full horror of jet jag will have passed also.

It was nice to have the wall to wall sunshine of the Bay Area back today, but I didn't manage to venture further that the mail slot - such was my exhaustion!

San Jose - April 25 2007

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.

Blog Archive