There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Monday, April 9, 2007

Circumnavigation and Saratoga


I was at a "mixer" in the lovely little Bay Area town of Saratoga yesterday. I don't have especially fond memories of Saratoga, as when I moved here and was even more clueless about this area than I am today, I went for a day out at a park that I read about there. The park was so difficult to find that I gave up and went home - very frustrating.

Met some interesting people and had some interesting conversations last night. In the glorious cultural mix that is the Bay Area, I ended up taking to some Jewish people. It's always been a mystery to me why Jewish men get circumcised, I didn't know Muslim men get circumcised too - you really do learn something new every day.

We were having a laugh about how little I knew about their culture, I was explaining that Judaism was not a big feature of Scotland. I never had the mystery of circumcision explained to me, so I told them I would go home and look it up on Wikipedia - the font of all knowledge. But, yuk, yuk, yuk - there are PICTURES on wikipedia! I couldn't bear to look. A part of my knowledge will remain unfulfilled. I'm glad now, really!

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.

Blog Archive