There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Get Your Kicks on the I680!


I was in Walnut Creek Ca for the first time today. It's about 50 minutes from where I live. It was the first time I had driven on the Interstate 680. Driving here can be a strange experience. Californians seem to always want to drive as if they were rushing a sick patient to hospital, or rushing their wife into the labour ward - why are they always in so much of a hurry? I was driving home at about 10.00 pm on a Saturday night - why was everyone else driving like they had just been told their house was on fire and the fire brigade was on strike? You can't really relax and drive on the Californian interstates. I'd go crazy if I had to star in a road movie here!

I was having such a good time listening to my ipod on shuffle, that I just sat in the right lane and let EVERYONE pass me!

Maybe everyone else gets their kicks by driving their big trucks up people's arses in the fast lane - music is my drug of choice these days, maybe it always was.

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.

Blog Archive