There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Like a Virgin


I was talking last night about saving points on frequent flight. but, to continue the sexual analogies for a bit longer, I'm not really faithful to any airline. I think I have tried all the direct transatlantic carriers from the west coast of the USA to the UK, and they have all, at one time or another, done something to piss me off to the extent that I said to myself that I didn't want to ever use them again. I find economy class is equally horrible on every airline that i have tried. When I talk to colleagues about their experiences of airlines, they always eulogise about one airline or another, but on closer questioning, they are always talking about the business class service. Right. I have never got to travel business class over the Atlantic, I'd never pay for it myself and my employees are so careful with money, that I doubt if they will ever pay for it - even on the frequent trips to India they are threatening me with.

So this is the plane I'm about to spend 10 hours on. It always seems bizarre to me, how a little metal box can really stay in the air all that time. But there you go, loads of them do it every day, so lets see how we go.

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.

Blog Archive