There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Sunday, June 3, 2007

This is my house roll out the red carpet



This is my first attempt at Youtube. This was recorded as a test for a video camera I had hired from Radio Rentals (remember them?), with my parents money, in July 1991. I got this huge camera home and recorded this just to get the hang of it. It was so big that you could record straight onto a regular VHS tape that you put in the camera. You can see the camera in my bathroom mirror.

What's funny now though, is that this is now a little time capsule of my life in one Downfield Place, Dalry, Edinburgh in July 1991. I had lived in this flat for almost three years at this time, and I was very proud of it. So here is my little life back in July 1991 when I was 24 years old.

Sorry the images are a bit pixelated, I may have compressed the video too tightly. Some of the original has been edited out as there were some pretty terrible technical problems with that too. The background music is The Throwing Muses - for 1991, what else?

1 comment:

magnusmog said...

good to see the old place - especially the dancing plastic flower!

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.