There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Friday, June 22, 2007

Redwood City Blues Jam


I haven't been here for ages. This is the Wednesday blues jam at the Little Fox Theatre in Redwood City. The last time was the day before I was supposed to be flying back to the UK for Christmas. I said goodbye to my friends in America, then got stuck in the US due to the fog at Heathrow, so I had to say hello to everyone again. It was just as well, if I had to chose between being in a bar in San Francisco or stuck sleeping on the floor at Heathrow, I know what I'd chose.


We had sushi in a Japanese restaurant down the road. I saw these sushi rolls in the vegetarian section of the menu. They were called "Cats Eyes" rolls, as they had mushrooms and olives in them. I asked the waitress if they were vegetarian or did they really have cats eyes in them, and she didn't understand that was supposed to be a joke. Two of our party had lived in Japan for a while, although they didn't know each other before, they lived in Japan at the same time. I learnt some interesting cultural things from them about Japan.


I took a number of very dodgy photos. This is "Amy Lou's Blues", Amy Lou herself was very lively, if a little scary at times.


One of our party was also singing with one of the bands, she was very good. They did a version of "Take me to the River".


When I left they were playing "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" on a big outdoor screen in the town hall square opposite the Little Fox.

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.