There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Edinburgh Bus Journey



I think this is rather splendid. It was taken by Heather Burns. It is composed of images of a bus journey from Leith to somewhere "up the Bridges" (that's a reference for the locals) in Edinburgh. It contains many archetypal elements of Edinburgh that the locals would know very well, as opposed to the tourist view of Edinburgh. I spotted, in particular, damp streets, a massage parlour, a Leith "scheemy" guy wearing a track suit, and many many purple buses. When I was first in Edinburgh in the 1970's as a child, it was the purple buses that stuck in my mind. Makes me homesick, I must go off and do something more practical now with my Californian Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.