There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Being a Vegan at Happy Bamboo


I was here for tea tonight, despite being late due to an accident on the I101. It is a Vietnamese vegetarian restaurant in south San Jose, I went with the Bay Area Vegetarian group. It was great because when I normally go to Asian restaurants everyone wants to order lots of dishes and share, but the vegetarians normally only have one or two dishes to choose from so it's not much use for us.

So it was great to go with a bunch of vegetarians, as we could do the dish sharing thing as this place has no meat for sale. They also had these really cute t shits that I wish I got a picture of, they had cute animals on the t shirts, drawn like a child would have drawn them, the t shirts said "Don't eat them, love them".

We had vegan food, very imaginatively done. Now I think about it, I had Chinese for lunch, which was vegan too (not deliberately). So, apart from the milk in the tea, I've had a vegan day. I don' think I've had one of them before. I eat too much dairy anyway.

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.