There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Longest Day

I was sitting here in the departure lounge of Bangalore airport when Saturday August 4th began. I'm now sitting back in my normal living room at 4.11pm on the same Saturday after flying for 18 hours. As we had to connect to our flight in Germany, I've been in three continents in one day.

It's a small world after all and I'm very tired, trying to stay awake until a roughly normal bedtime so I don't mess up my body clock more than it has to be.

3 comments:

magnusmog said...

Blimey - that doesn't sound like fun to me.

Tom said...

Yeah, international economy class business travel is one of the worst experiences. You don't have enough time to travel at leisure, or enough money to travel in comfort. There was a time on the flight when I was too tired to stay awake and too uncomfortable to sleep.

Ursula said...

I highly recommend sleeping pills for flights over 13 hours. I used to be too proud to try them, but now I know better. They make it possible to sleep on endless flights.

Welcome back!

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.