There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Golden Gate Park


Spent a very pleasant afternoon today in Golden Gate Park. My first introduction to Golden Gate Park was the 1986 Movie Star Trek 4 - the one where the save the Whales. They nick a Klingon spaceship that can make itself invisible and somehow fall back through time and end up in Golden Gate Park in 1986 - where they park the invisible Klingon spaceship. I always think of that invisible spaceship when I'm back there. When it landed in the movie you could only see the dents in the grass - so much for 1980's special effects.

This photo was taken in the Conservatory of Flowers, we thought it looked a bit rude!

We also spent a jolly time in that archetypal 'Frisco location - Height Ashbury. Amoeba Records on the Height must be the best record shop in the universe. I bought a ton of deleted Jazz Butcher CD's the last time I was there. Today I bought most of Robyn Hitchcock's latest works - and got talking to the guy on the till who was a big Robyn fan, although he wasn't into Syd Barrett - strange. He also thought he had all of Robin Hitchcock and the Softboys albums, but had never heard if the rare as hell "Live at the Potrtland Arms" album I have. I also bought an old favorite that I listened to incessantly in 1985 - The Violent Femmes Hallowed Ground Album. I have it on just now. Great.

I've been listening to Robyn's song - "A Man's got to know his limitations - Briggs" with it's classic 'Frisco lyrics - "You were driving in the streets of San Francisco, driving through the weather and the rain", etc. Great.

1 comment:

magnusmog said...

That is a very rude plant. I liked your posts about Gran and Richard - I still miss them too.

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.