There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Back in the land of the living (almost)


Having managed to go to India and back in a week and covering three different Indian cities when I was there, I had quite a contrasting week last week, in that I only managed a brief and unmemorable trip to Menlo Park, but apart from that I didn't leave the apartment at all from Monday night to Friday night. I feel like the rest did me good, but still can't completely shrug off this bloody cold virus.

I have been busy re-creating www.kirkcaldybands.com using Dreameaver this weekend. Dreamweaver is a very complex web creation and site management tool and I've only mastered a tiny amount of its functionality. However, I think the new site is looking good. It'll probably be next weekend until I have it in a state to upload and replace the rather tatty looking Rapidweaver version (or rather, it looks tatty now compared the new version).

I was at the Ex - Pat European's club in San Francisco today, although it's now been re-branded "Bay Area Friends of Europe". It was good fun and I finally met someone from the same country as me, an Aberdonian no less. It was the very first time that, when I had that sinking feeling in my as I was asked one of the "stock" questions that I always get asked - "which part of Scotland are you from", that I had finally met someone who would know where Forfar was!

Geoff Lewis, who is the brains behind Bay Area Friends of Europe (or BAFoE), is pictured in the middle of the group above. Erdem from Turkey is on the right.

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.