There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Scotland 2 Georgia 1 - Good old Annie McGuire

Got up early today to listen to Scotlands vital euro qualifier and WE WON! I managed to screw up the time difference with the UK AGAIN (it's 7 hours for two weeks, as the US put it's clock's forward early this year) and was awake at 6.30 am local time and the game didn't even start until 8.00. The commentary was only supposed to b heard in the UK for rights reasons, but it managed to hang in there until the BBC blocked the feed when the game only had 10 minutes to go. Frustratingly enough, the game was poised at 1-1 at that stage, but Scotland scrambled home a last minute winner with 2 minutes of regular time to go.

The break to the feed, led to me sending the following e-mail to Scotland's leading football phone in, "Your Call". (Your Call). Your call is very funny. I love all the petty soap opera of Scotish football. Jim Traynor is a Scottish journalist who chairs the phone (the nearest we have to a Shock Jock! Or maybe he is a form of shocking jock!). Annie McGuire is his long sufferng sidekick who reads out the e-mails and takes all sorts of abuse from Jim. I'm always cleaning the bathroom at the time on a Saturday that Your Call is on, and it really cheers me up when I'm doing this borting housework. You can hear the audio archive of this episode, all next week from the website.

"Hi

Was enjoying the on line commentary of the Scotland match but it disappeared in the last 15 minutes. Was the BBC on line department trying to save us ex pats from anything?

Also, I have been wondering for ages what Annie looks like and I found this picture of her on the internet.

She is more lovely than I imagined and I'd like to take her away from rainy scotland and have her live with me here in Sunny California (just south of San Francisco).

cheers

Tom
San Jose
USA"

Annie did read my comment out, but minus the stuff about the internet feed.I seem to have started all sorts of other comments being sent in about Annie's photo. The BBC is probably not wanting to publicise the fact that they let the "UK only" feed be heard in other countries by mistake. Annie is gorgeous by the way........

We play Italy next, we will probably be hammered.

Ireland won too (hooray), england only managed a draw (hooray).

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.