There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Grow old gracefully, no chance!


I started going grey when I was 16. So, from the ages of 19-29 I dyed my hair. Being a very honest kinda guy, I just used to tell people it was dyed, and no one believed me!

When I became a manager for the first time in 1996, I got real paranoid that none of the old guys I was dealing with would take this 29 year old seriously - so I decided to go grey. So I went off to holiday and never dyed it whilst I was there, came back - and one of my colleagues said - "well, if that's what happens to you when you go off on holiday, I'm not going!".

My Persian style consultant had been urging me to dye my hair, seems like youth is more important to everyone here. Above is a pic of the latest results. I'm getting to like it. I went to VERY expensive hair dresser the first two times I dyed it again. I was beginning to feel ripped off. She was always asking me to buy "products". These seemed like the same gunk that you can get in Safeways, only in a fancy bottle and coating $30 more! She also encouraged me to buy one product the first time, then told me to forget that product 2 weeks later and buy a different one that did the same thing. Having been charged $240 (labour and "products"), the effort above I did myself, for $230 less. I can't figure out if I really suit it, or if I'm just a sad old thing, trying to look young. I'll be getting my teeth whitened next.......

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.