There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Saturday, January 12, 2008

This is great - there are people out there!

Having not managed to publish a single post in about three weeks, I have been feeling a little sheepish.

Particularly as my sister recommended this Statcounter service (http://my9.statcounter.com/).

This is great little service and, what it tells me is that there are people that actually read this blog! Wow - I had figured that, if I wasn't getting any comments, I was basically on my own here.

OK admittedly, it's obvious from reading the stats that a lot of people have surfed into it by mistake and have surfed out again, but I do seem to have some returning visitors - pretty good for a blog that hasn't been updated for 3 weeks.

It takes Google a little while to settle down and begin to have our content appear under relevant searches, but now this blog is appearing all over Google. I must remember to tell Daphne that at least two of the Google searches that led to this blog were her name.......

Even better, I've installed this service on www.kirkcaldybands.com

and it's giving me loads of interesting info - makes it all seem worthwhile that people actually view this content. If you google for "bands 80's", Kirkcaldybands is on around the third page of google results, which is a kinda scary thought, hopefully I'm not disappointing too many people who are looking for Kajagoogoo.

So, as both of these websites have attracted more that 100 visits in the last 3 weeks, one of my many new years resolutions is to try to create more content to keep my public interested.

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.