There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Christmas Movie

OK, so we have just got over the strange annual ritual in the west that is Christmas.

It was even stranger for me this year, as my family decided not to do Christmas any more, so we had a kind of un-Christmas. It did feel good though, not having to push through crowds to buy things that people probably don't want anyway.

I usually enjoy doing these "travelogue blog" entries - but, having done the Scotland - San Francisco trip so often, I didn't feel I had too much of interest to report this time round.

My Christmas movie, which is below, seems to capture quite nicely all the highlights. Having messed about with iMovie for, what is almost certainly too long, I feel that this is quite representative of the trip.

There are probably too many airplanes and Edinburgh bars in this, but my trip was kinda like that. There are some very nice shots of central Edinburgh though, I always feel my former adopted home town looks at it's best in Winter. I also enjoyed finding a bottle of Buckfast in the Pizza Hut toilet. I must google "Buckfast", so see if my non Scottish readers will get the significance of that.

Oh well, looks I'm back to India in mid Feb, that may make for more interesting travel blogging.

The movie had to be split into three parts due to youtube's limitations (I'm not really moaning, I know it's free). A tiny part at the beginning was shot on a Sony Ericsson cameraphone, all the rest was shot on my Leica d-lux 3 compact camera. It's amazing the quality of the video that the camera produces, shame the compression of youtube has reduced the quality a bit - it actually looks great on the big screen.





No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.