There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Steel Magnolias in Santa Clara


We went to see the wonderful Santa Clara Players last night doing Steel Magnolias.

L1020674_1.JPG

Our friend Daphne Nayar was outstanding as M'lynn, the Mother character. It was amazing to see someone I know well acting like they were someone else.

L1020679.JPG

In the theatrical tradition, we bought Daphne some flowers. The lady on the far left was in the play too. she played Ouiser.

L1020678.JPG

Daphne has has some wonderful reviews, here is one -

****1/2 "Poignant..."
Review posted by: Marj Moehrke from San Jose CA, Oct 28, 2007
I attended the 2pm show on Saturday. The theatre was almost full. I was
impressed by how the play was able to tell the story from one set. I
had seen the movie and knew what to expect next. I couldn't imagine how
they would tell the story from one set only but they did it to
perfection. The timing between the actresses was flawless. I especially thought
that the character who portrayed the mother was fantastic. The
character who portayed Clairee had such an authentic southern accent, I almost
thought she had been raised in the south! My 15 year old was laughing
out loud so many times. And he also admitted to crying too. Thanks for
putting on such a poignant show. We were still wiping away tears as we
left the theatre.

"Excellent performances"
Comment posted by: Wal Oliver from Watsonville, Oct 29, 2007
I enjoyed the play as much as I enjoyed the movie.

The players website is here - http://www.scplayers.org

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.