There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Monday, November 12, 2007

My Latest Film


I've been having more fun with Youtube, but this time I've also been combining uploading the videos with editing them together with the latest iMovie on the Mac.

My little Sony Ericsson Cybershot mobile phone also takes video, as well as being a phone, 3 MP camera, radio and MP3 player. Previously these videos were normally pretty useless, as there was no easy way to edit them. So the new iMovie allows you you to import these little clips and edit them together.

The possibilities of this technology is pretty amazing. I always have a phone in my pocket, therefore I always have a video camera in my pocket too. Lots of potential to make little movies.

So the little film below was cut together from around 12 individual files, taken on Saturday night. This was Moe's 30th birthday party, he wanted people to come with wigs. I managed not to bother bringing a wig, but much to my regret, some people had spare ones and I ended up looking like a Scottish Jimi Hendrix! Some people went a lot further and came dressed up to match the wigs.

I decided not to spend a huge amount of time editing this movie together, as the resolution on the camera phone video is pretty low, so this will always be a bit of a throw away. But it's a funny little reminder of last Saturday night. My little Leica takes much better video, but Moe lives in a particularly rough part of Oakland, so I didn't fancy having $700 worth of camera in my pocket walking through that area.

You can see Craig taking the above pic of me in my film, as I had my camera phone phone pointed at him when he was taking it.

Who can spot Lara in her different wigs? They were borrowed too.

Coming next, Bay Area Friends of Europe - The Movie. Taken on the little Leica.

Technical note (for anyone who may be interested): the ".3gp) video format that the camera phone uses needs converted to something more regular, like a ".mp4" file format before you can import that to iMovie, but there are loads of good converters around that'll do that.

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.