There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Friday, October 10, 2008

BART Woes

DSC01217

I love getting public transport places almost as much as I hate driving in the US. I have managed to cope with only using a tank and a third of fuel since July, and my car does not even have a big fuel tank.

So on the odd occasions I have to go into Sun's San Francisco Office, I quite enjoy getting the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) into work. However, today it was not so good, as all the unhappy people above could testify. A fire just before the tunnel under the Bay meant that all the trains going into San Francisco were slow, a journey that normally takes half an hour took more than an hour. All my fellow travelers seemed to take it in good spirit though and the ubiquity of mobile phones these days meant no one had to be unexpectedly late. Someone behind me remarked that it was good that we were stuck in the station and not in the tunnel under the Bay - amen to that.

I learned today though that a BART station (I wish I knew which one) is built right on top of the Hayward Fault, so I hope I am not on BART if that fault creates an earthquake, I'm sure that would make our little delay today seem like nothing.

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.