There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Back in Broomfield

DSC01206

I'm back in Broomfield Colorado just now, sitting in the very nice Denver International Airport enjoying the free wifi, which is nice but limited bandwidth as I just found out having tried to use the magic skype.

We couldn't get into our normal hotel, but we stayed 4 miles down the road at the Westminster Westin, and it was pretty much the same as our normal hotel. They seem to hav discovered Blue Moon here, which is my new favorite Belguim beer, the Stella having got too much for me over time.

I like it here in Colorado, it's calmer than the Bay Area, although I have a feeling there are rather more guns around than I normally like. Sun's presence here started, like a lot of tech companies, as an overspill from the San Francisco Bay area. Tech companies who got fed up with the high real estate prices out in the Bay area moved started operations here instead of expanding further in the Bay area and employees who were fed up with high Bay area prices moved out here as well. Unfortunately, our rather nice campus here is beginning to look like a ghost town, as I think a lot of employees are working from home now, so it's days are probably numbered.

I love the climate here and the big mountains, reminds me of Scotland.

The portion sizes here though can be bloody huge as can some of the people, the two facts are probably related. Below is the chocolate cake we ordered on Monday, ate about 10% of it, took it back to the hotel in a "to go" box, where I hope now the cleaners enjoy it as it never got eaten, as it was too much of a challenge.

DSC01205

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.