There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Link Ups with the Beatles Kareoke





I just came over these little video files taken with my Leica camera when I just bought it, so I thought I'd share them with You Tube and the world, as they bring back happy memories.

This was a really fun party. For a while Bay Area Link Up (www.bayarealinkup.com) had a number of musical events and people were asked to bring instruments along. This morphed into a band called the "Link Ups".

This was a party we had in San Francisco on the 16th of December 2006 at Fort Mason. I was there with my little Turkish friend, you can see her dancing around near the backing vocals mike in the videos. I had a beer or two and decided that I would sing backing vocals all night.

I remember a particularly dodgy solo version of "House of the Rising Sun", well the beginning of it, before I forgot the words. Hapilly, I can't easily sing and take video at the same time, so my performances are in the dustbin of history where they belong.

In case you are wondering what these songs are meant to be, they are "Happy Christmas, War is Over", well it was Christmas after all, and "Rocky Racoon".

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.