There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Brought back from the living dead by Oracle

I've been in these beautiful buildings all week, working with Oracle on the Sun transition. Having your company bought and then sitting around waiting and not knowing what was going on was a bit like being a member of the living dead, so it's nice to be actually working again.

I just ordered a new TV as the iMac we have been using as a TV for the past four years has now finally died. Happily, not having any way to watch TV at the moment has meant we have avoided all the TV shows about Michael Jackson's death. Was odd to have the radio shows play "Thriller" as a tribute to him, that odd voiceover in the middle about "rotting corpses" just as Michael Jackson had become one, not sure if that was lapse in taste by anyone.

Still, nice to feel I'm not one of the professional living dead for a while.

1 comment:

Chas said...

Hi Tom

Nice article, which will perhaps help me when I get around to choosing a laptop!

Any recommendations. Business use and wi-fi will be my main functions. What gig would you recommend as well?

All the best

Chas

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.