There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Don't worry about where I've gone - I'm writing the story of Plastic Shark!

Having genuinely had all sorts of good intentions to write more material for my blog, I have ended up burning most of my recent free time trying to learn how the editing software "Final Cut Express" works. It is rather cool, full featured - but complex to use.

Lara and I spent an exciting evening last Sunday recording footage of me talking about my musical past. This was really just to have some test footage to edit, so I could learn the software.


Having heard it all again, I do believe most of it is a bit of a ramble. The interview itself lasts for 50 minutes and that's before I do any clever Final Cut stuff, like adding music and pictures.


So rather than try and edit together the whole lot in one go, I decided this afternoon to just do one section and see how that works out. The section I chose, is my first ever attempt to be in a band twenty five years ago, the late lamented Plastic Shark! Interested? Well, you will just have to watch the movie when I finish it. As for me, I now have to go to bed with our incompetent music of twenty-five years ago ringing in my head, the side effect of having to listen to so much of our music to edit out the approximately 4 minutes of music I'll use in the piece!

No comments:

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.