There are some real people in the world, and some who are pretend.

Me

Me
(a long time ago)

Saturday, September 1, 2007

This is what I look like most of the time

Technology is incredibly useful. Computers are, I think, the most useful and interesting of all. The problem I'm having at the moment is keeping away from them. So this is what I'm looking like most of the time at the moment, despite my long suffering iBook beginning to exhibit some rather eccentric failures of keyboard, probably due to over-use. The number three is now impossible to type on this machine now.


One of the many things keeping me tied to the computer at the moment is all the interesting Kirkcaldybands.com material that's been coming in. The above came from Andy Carr. I hadn't heard from Andy since 1992, it was great to hear from him again. My mate Ritchie (see the post about him below) had guested on many occasions with Andy's blues band, The Summerfield Blues. I love this picture of Ritchie above, he looks like a real blues man.

I've also had some nice e-mails this week from Bil Gimix and Dave Acari from back in the day - keep your e-mails coming guys, knowing you are enjoying the website makes sitting here on a sunny San Franciscan afternoon working away on a website seem worthwhile!

Actually this is one of those few days in San Francisco where you wish you had air con. The window opening here is not that much use without wind! They are more like a "dow" just now, if you see what I mean. Air con provision as standard seems to stop at an invisible line as you drive up the San Francisco peninsula, around San Mateo. I suppose it's better for the environment not to run air con.

However, I have a distraction now this weekend as we have a wedding to go to. I have not worn a suit and tie since 2004 and that was just for an (unsuccessful) job interview. I had to buy new suit specially here, as I didn't even own one. Come to think of it, I don't think I even owned a tie. I can't wait to see what we look like all posh for the wedding.

3 comments:

magnusmog said...

Take photos, I want to see the poshness!

magnusmog said...

I've just been looking at the kirkcaldy bands pages and I hand a small brainwave. I'm sure that sanSy Allen from Sacristy is Gill Hunter's cousin. I'll try and remember to ask what he is up to.....

magnusmog said...

I've just done a Friends reunited search for Alexander Allan and there is one who left KDY high, I think in 1985 and he lives in San francisco!

BTW who are you going to the wedding with, hmmm?

Tom's blog about life in America as a Scottish person, appreciating and making music, politics, travel, my own philosophy and other stuff not easy to categorise.


About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
I'm a 40 something Scottish person who lives in the USA. I'm also an aspiring part time musician and songwriter.